Differences between Beta and Latest Builds
By Petr on Sep 01, 2008
NetBeans 6.5 Beta was published almost 3 weeks ago. For me the beta is obsolete and if you try a recent build, you will see that many issues were fixed. In Issuezilla there are more then 1600 fixed issues during the last three weeks. I would like to highlight some improvements in PHP support:
- The performance of code completion was significantly improved.
- The editor has about 40 fixes since the beta. The code completion is more context sensitive and it is able to offer more precise results.
- Navigation functionality was also improved. Fixes in the PHP Navigator, Hyperlink and also implementation of Go To Symbol were added.
- Fixes in the project and debugger.
- Small improvements in FTP support.
Overall there are still things which can be fixed and improved. I would like to thank everyone who tried the PHP support in NetBeans and entered an issue. We have a few more weeks for stabilizing and fixing the PHP support. Thanks for your help.