By Neha Goel on Jun 28, 2008
Getting sound on your system is one of the primary needs of a user after installing an operating system. For Unix systems, the sound drivers are provided by open sound system. In Unix systems everything comes in form of Packages containing installations files, directories and dependencies.If you want sound on your solaris system you just need to follow the following basic steps:-
(1) Open the browser and go to the url www.opensound.com
(2) Click on the download tab on the left hand side of the page. It is the second tab from top.
(3) Click on open sound system in the given images.
(4) Now it will ask you to select the operating system for which you wnat to download the package. Select the correct version and the correct processor. If you are using SXDE, you can choose Solaris10/11
(5) Now it will take you to the download page. Click on the link given to installed the required package.
(6) Open the terminal and went to the location using cd where you had saved the package.
(7) #pkgadd -d <name_of_package>
Now you can enjoy sound on your solaris operating system.