By TinuA on Nov 30, 2011
NetBeans Community News with Geertjan and TinuNetBeans IDE 7.1 Release Candidate 1
- Download the release candidate build
- Is NetBeans IDE 7.1 release ready? Give your feedback in the NetBeans Community Acceptance Survey. (Survey deadline is Wednesday, December 7th.)
- Sven Reimers is voted in for a second term; Zoran Sevarac is the newbie on the board; and John Jullion Ceccarelli continues as the Oracle representative.
Community Interview: Sven Reimers
Software architect and NetBeans Dream Team member Sven Reimers joins Geertjan for a recap of highlights and hot topics from Devoxx 2011. Also covered: His re-election to the NetBeans Governance Board.
NetCAT 7.1 Report with Jirka Kovalsky
The NetCAT program (NetBeans Community Acceptance Testing) is a customary part of the NetBeans release cycle, giving users the opportunity to help test and get the NetBeans IDE release ready. Program manager Jirka Kovalsky reports back on how the team for 7.1 fared.
API Design with Jarda Tulach
Jarda has a new API Design book coming out! Visit his API Design site for details.
Community Interview: Zoran SevaracZoran Sevarac has an impressive profile: Founder of the open-source project Neuroph, a Java frameworks for neural network development; software engineering teaching assistant; founder of the first NetBeans User Group in Serbia; artificial intelligence researcher; NetBeans Platform Certified trainer; new member of the NetBeans Governance Board. Zoran takes a break from his busy(!) schedule to chat about his experience using NetBeans technology, his efforts to educate the local developer community about Java and NetBeans, as well as his newest role in the NetBeans Community.
- Neuroph: Smart Java Apps with Neural Networks (Dzone article)
- More DZone articles about Neuroph and NUG Serbia
Have ideas for NetBeans Podcast topics? Send them to nbpodcast at netbeans dot org.