NetBeans Podcast 59
By TinuA on Feb 13, 2012
NetBeans Community News with Geertjan and Tinu• NetBeans IDE 7.1 released!
• See the NetBeans IDE in action and get FREE hands-on experience developing with NetBeans in Virtual Developer Days about Java SE 7, JavaFX 2.0 and Oracle WebLogic. Check out the NetBeans Calendar for other upcoming events.
• Four new members added to the NetBeans Dream Team: Congratulations to Kirk Pepperdine, Zoran Severac, Jonathan Spooner and John Yeary!
• Subscribe to the official NetBeans page on Facebook! Check us out as well on Twitter, YouTube, and Google+.
Community Interview: John YearyJohn Yeary is a well-known Java EE evangelist and blogger, and President of the Greenville Java Users Group. And now a member of the NetBeans Dream Team. In this introductory chat, John talks about his experience with NetBeans and Java EE technology, his agenda for Java EE in his new role on the Dream team, and taking part in the "Adopt OpenJDK" project.
• John Yeary's Java Evangelist Blog
• NetBeans 7.1 Screencasts (Shelve/Unshelve Changes; Inspect & Transform)
Project Scanning in NetBeans IDE: Tomas ZezulaWhat's project scanning in NetBeans IDE and why does it matter? Find out as NetBeans Java Editor Engineer Tomas Zezula gives an update about the latest enhancements to Project Scanning, as well as upcoming additions.
API Design with Jarda TulachHow can Alpine skier Bode Miller help you better understand API design? Join Jarda and Geertjan for this intriguing API tip segment.
• Bode on API Design (API Design blog)
Have ideas for NetBeans Podcast topics? Send them to nbpodcast at netbeans dot org.