By TinuA on Feb 25, 2014
Podcast Guests: Brett Ryan (John Sands), Andreas Stefik (University of Nevada), Petr Pisl (NetBeans)
NetBeans Community News with Geertjan and Tinu
- NetBeans 8.0 Beta was released in January; we read out "favorite" tweets that caught our attention: AndrewDyster, dipetr, ErazoZamudioEd.
- The NetBeans Partners page is revamped! Check it out for a listing of companies that are extending NetBeans with plugins and services.
- Congratulations to the 21st NetBeans Governance Board members: Tim Boudreau, Zoran Sevarac and Ashwin Rao!
- How did the outgoing Board do in its year-long term? Score Card: NetBeans Governance Board #20
- Calendar: Vaadin-NetBeans Webinar in April
11:25 - Community Interview: Brett Ryan on Java 8 and NetBeans IDE
Australian developer Brett Ryan (John Sands) wrote a blog entry about experimenting with JDK 8 features in NetBeans. We stumbled across the post, liked it, and invited him to tell us more about his experience.
- Brett's blog entries: Migrating to JDK 8 with NetBeans, The Power of the Arrow
- Tutorial: Java SE 8 - Lambda Quick Start
- Video: How to Migrate to JDK 8
17:57 - Community Interview: Andreas Stefik on the Quorum Programming LanguageWhat makes a programming language more intuitive or a headache to learn? Find out as Andreas Stefik (a return guest!) chats about Quorum, the world's first evidence-oriented programming language. Quorum grew out of Andreas' and his team's work on Sodbeans, a NetBeans-based programming environment for visually impaired developers. Interest in Quorum and its intuitive syntax is growing and the team's recent academic paper (#3 on the page: "An Empirical Investigation into Programming Language Syntax") sheds new light on the "language wars".
Are you interested in learning about Quorum and how to teach it? Sign up to attend EPIQ: International Experience Programming in Quorum workshop (July 2014)
- TechCast #82 – Dr. Andreas Stefik on Using Scientific Research To Analyze Programming Language Syntax Across Languages
38:45 - Petr Pisl on AngularJS Support in NetBeans IDE
Our HTML5 segment series continues with Petr Pisl, a software engineer on the NetBeans team. He joins the podcast to update us on AngularJS support in NetBeans 8.
- New & Noteworthy with AngularJS support in NetBeans 8.0
- Video Series: AngularJS for Busy Developers (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- Video: AngularJS Meets Java EE