Top 10 GlassFish v2 Monitoring Resources
By Nazrul on Aug 10, 2008
GlassFish v2 has a great monitoring capabilities. I read few nice blogs and articles on GFv2 monitoring after it was released. Here are top 10 GFv2 monitoring resources that I recommend reading...
10. Official Docs on Monitoring: Official documentation describing GFv2 monitoring statistics tree, how to enable/disable monitoring, how to view the stats and how to use JConsole.
9. Application Manager support for GlassFish: Blog on how to use Application Manager from AdventNet with GlassFish.
8. Hyperic Page for GlassFish: Glassfish monitoring plugin for Hyperic HQ.
7. Monitoring Blogs on Aquarium: Monitoring blogs @ The Aquarium.
6. Dynamic Load Balancing: Great article on how to use self management framework to monitor and dynamically load balance a cluster.
5. Monitoring and Managing Web Services: Comprehensive article on GFv2 web services monitoring and management capabilities.
4. VisualVM: Blog on how to use VisualVM with GlassFish.
3. Monitoring Connection Pools: Blog on how to use P6Spy to trace database operations.
2. Monitoring Overview of GFv2: Nice blog on GFv2 monitoring. A must read.
1. Call Flow: Observe time spent in various containers by your application using Call Flow. Great tech tip!