How to deploy Struts sample applications within Web Server 7 Update 3 (using auto-deploy)
By sriram on Jul 03, 2008
With recently released auto-deploy feature within Sun Web Server 7 Update 3 , deploying Java Web Applications has become a lot easier than ever. Now, you can do so by simply copying the war files to auto-deploy directory within a server instance. I wanted to verify this with the latest version of Struts (18.104.22.168) and Web Server 7 Update 3 to see if it actually works and it did work seamlessly !!!.
Here is what I did :
- Install Sun Web Server 7 Update 3 (for free)
- Download the latest version of Struts from here to your temporary location (say /tmp) .
- Copy the Struts sample war files to <install-root>/https-<hostname>/auto-deploy directory .You can try out by copying a sample war file like struts2-showcase-22.214.171.124.war from your <download directory>/struts\*/apps directory into <web server 7 install root>/https-<hostname>/auto-deploy directory as shown below
- Finally, start the Web Server 7 by doing some thing like <install-root>/https-<hostname>/bin/startserv
- Now, you can access your web application by accessing http://<hostname>/struts2-showcase-126.96.36.199 in your browser