GlassFish Web Stack 1.5 is available now ..
By sriram on Jul 29, 2009
If you didn't know already, GlassFish Web Stack is an open source project within OpenSolaris and offers production support (also available as free download) for open source web tier components like Apache Web Server, PHP, MySQL, Tomcat, Hudson etc on Solaris 10 Update 5 (or above) and on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.2 (or above).
GlassFish Web Stack 1.5 , the latest update in this series, is available as of today and includes updated version components along with Enterprise Administration / Monitoring capability. Please refer to our Getting Started Guide for more information on how to get your site quickly up and running using GlassFish Web Stack .
Some of the highlights of this release are :
- Web Stack Enterprise Manager
- Ability to install Web Stack 1.5 stack components either as native package (Solaris SVR4 / Linux RPM) or as a simple zip file.
- Enhanced DTrace probes within PHP
- Enhanced DTrace probes within MySQL 5.1
- Update version components within integrated stack like Tomcat 6.0, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.1
You can try out GlassFish Web Stack 1.5 from here. GlassFish Web Stack 1.5 component runtime is available as a free download for Solaris and Redhat Enterprise Linux and we hope you will choose Sun for your production support requirements.