Yesterday, Brian Goetz (Lambda architect) suggested that I produce an example of Lambda being used from Nashorn. Since, I've been heads down in Nashorn, I really haven't played with Lambda that much. After looking at some examples from Stuart Marks
, I figured, what the hey, it doesn't look that hard. Details of the Lambda APIs are available at JDK 8 b92 API
#!/usr/bin/env jjs -scripting
var copyright = <<<EOS;
* Copyright (c) 2010, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* - Neither the name of Oracle nor the names of its
* contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
* from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS
* IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
* THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR
* CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
* EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
* PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
* PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
* LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
* NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
* SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
var Collectors = java.util.stream.Collectors;
// Break the copyright into tokens.
var tokens = copyright.split(/\s+/);
// Convert to ArrayList.
var list = new java.util.ArrayList();
var result = ;
// Parallelize some of the activity.
// Select only words.
// Make case comparable.
// Fold duplicates.
// Sort the result.