This entry describes how easy it is to get your Jersey web application running on Google App Engine.
For the illustration purpose lets see how we can deploy the simple Helloworld-Webapp Jersey sample on the Google App Engine.
- Download Google App Engine.
- Follow the installation instructions for installing the app engine on your machine. It isn't really too much work, just unzip the bundle, and add its bin directory to your path.
- Download the Jersey helloworld-webapp sample, if you do not already have it.
- Create an XML file named appengine-web.xml, under WEB-INF parallel to the deployment descriptor web.xml. Google App Engine requires this file in the webapp's WEB-INF directory, for it to be able to run the application.
- Copy the following content to the created appengine-web.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
- Package the application using: mvn clean package -Dmaven.test.skip=true
- Deploy the application on Google App Engine using the command: dev_appserver.sh target/helloworld-webapp
- You will see the message which says server is running at http://localhost:8080/.
- In a web browser enter http://localhost:8080/helloworld. You see the application running.
That's it. You got the Jersey application running on Google App Engine :)