By narayanaa on Nov 15, 2008
CEC 2008 is over land I will be bringing back good memories and experiances on with respect to networking with the attendees.
For Sun this event I felt was important from the perspective of "Skill upgrade" of the folks in the services side be it on Sales or Delivery and I believe that this is the right strategy since to remain competitive you need to be competent. Pursuing this direction the following steps are taken
- the sessions are made more technical,
- more observed
- Attendee needs to stick to a single track
- and are evaluated at the end of the session giving in accreditations
- provisioning for free tests encouraging the attendees to get certified
All the sessions went with vigour till the last day though marred to some extent because of announcement RIF on the last day.
During my interaction I felt that there is need for know how with respect to each feature on the following
- What is the product feature
- How is that implemented (And Why That Way if possible)
- Why are we doing some thing in a particular way and the implications of that
I resolved that in my future technical items I will commit to writing in that way since that would be of more use to the people in many ways.