By User12602715-Oracle on Aug 19, 2014
The MySQL Workbench team is announcing availability of the first beta release of its upcoming major product update, MySQL Workbench 6.2.
MySQL Workbench 6.2 focuses on support for innovations released in MySQL 5.6 and MySQL 5.7 DMR (Development Release) as well as MySQL Fabric 1.5, with features such as:
- A new spatial data viewer, allowing graphical views of result sets containing GEOMETRY data and taking advantage of the new GIS capabilities in MySQL 5.7.
- Support for new MySQL 5.7.4 SQL syntax and configuration options.
- Metadata Locks View shows the locks connections are blocked or waiting on.
- MySQL Fabric cluster connectivity - Browsing, view status, and connect to any MySQL instance in a Fabric Cluster.
- MS Access migration Wizard - easily move to MySQL Databases.
Other significant usability improvements were made, aiming to raise productivity for advanced and new users:
- Direct shortcut buttons to commonly used features in the schema tree.
- Improved results handling. Columns have better auto-sizing and their widths are saved. Fonts can also be customized. Results "pinned" to persist viewing data.
- A convenient Run SQL Script command to directly execute SQL scripts, without loading them first.
- Database Modeling has been updated to allow changes to the formatting of note objects and attached SQL scripts can now be included in forward engineering and synchronization scripts.
- Integrated Visual Explain within the result set panel.
- Visual Explain drill down for large to very large explain plans.
- Shared SQL snippets in the SQL Editor, allowing multiple users to share SQL code by storing it within a MySQL instance.
- And much more.
The list of provided binaries was updated and MySQL Workbench binaries now available for:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Mac OS X Lion or newer
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Ubuntu 14.04
- Fedora 20
- Oracle Linux 6.5
- Oracle Linux 7
- Sources for building in other Linux distributions
For the full list of changes in this revision, visit
For discussion, join the MySQL Workbench Forums:
Download MySQL Workbench 6.2.1 now, for Windows, Mac OS X 10.7+, Oracle Linux 6 and 7, Fedora 20, Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04 or sources, from:
On behalf of the MySQL Workbench and the MySQL/ORACLE RE Team.