By Alfredo Kojima on Jun 13, 2013
The MySQL Developer Tools team is pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of MySQL Workbench 6.0.
As always, MySQL Workbench is natively available on Windows, Mac, Linux.
Improvements in MySQL Workbench 6.0:
- a new redesigned Home screen
- the SQL Editor and Server Administration UIs were merged into a single connection specific interface, allowing for quick access to administration features while simplifying the location of specific features
- improved model Synchronization, lets you compare and update your EER model or database with ALTER scripts and properly handle corner cases involving objects renamed externally or sync schemas with different names
- all new Schema Inspector, gives you a detailed overview of all objects in your schemas, plus access to table maintenance operations such as ANALYZE and OPTIMIZE TABLE
- table data search, lets you perform a text search on any number of tables and schemas for rows matching a given pattern
- improved Server Status page, gives a quick summary of server status and configuration
- cascaded DELETE statement generator, automatically performs the tedious task of generating DELETE statements for deleting a row referenced by foreign keys
- new SQL Anywhere and SQLite targets for the Migration Wizard
- and much more.
For a detailed overview of newly added major features in MySQL Workbench 6.0, visit the What’s New page
Download MySQL Workbench 6.0 now, for Windows, Mac OS X 10.6+, Oracle Linux 6, Fedora 18, Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 13.04 or sources, from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/tools/workbench/6.0.html
the MySQL Workbench Team