Post-Conference Roundup of InnoDB-related Info
By Calvin Sun on Apr 16, 2010
Note: this article was originally published on http://blogs.innodb.com on April 16, 2010 by John Russell.
What a busy week! Lots of MySQL 5.5 announcements that just happened to coincide with the MySQL Conference and Expo in Silicon Valley. Here are some highlights of the performance and scalability work that the InnoDB team was involved with.
A good prep for the week of news is the article Introduction to MySQL 5.5, which includes information about the major performance and scalability features. That article will lead you into the MySQL 5.5 manual for general features and the InnoDB 1.1 manual for performance & scalability info.
Then there were the conference presentations from InnoDB team members, which continued the twin themes of performance and scalability:
- InnoDB: Status, Architecture, and New Features: Slides
- InnoDB Plugin: Performance Features and Benchmarks: Slides
- What’s New in MySQL 5.5? Performance/Scale Unleashed!: Slides
- What’s New in MySQL 5.5?: Performance and Scalability Benchmarks: Slides
- Introduction to InnoDB Monitoring System and Resource & Performance Tuning: Slides
- Backup Strategies with InnoDB Hot Backup: Slides
We hope that a good and useful time was had by all. Best regards to our European friends and colleagues whose return plans were disrupted by the Icelandic volcano!