InnoDB blogs, slides, etc.
By Calvin Sun on May 06, 2011
Note: this article was originally published on http://blogs.innodb.com on May 6, 2011 by Calvin Sun.
Last month was one of the busiest months for the InnoDB team:
- MySQL 5.6.2 milestone release with many InnoDB features
- MySQL Lab release of NoSQL to InnoDB with Memcached
- Three talks at O’Reilly MySQL Conference and COLLABORATE 11
- Ten blogs
The slides of the three talks are now available:
- InnoDB: Status, Architecture, and Latest Enhancements, O’Reilly MySQL Conference, April 14, 2011, by Inaam Rana, John Russell
- InnoDB: Performance and Scalability Features, COLLABORATE 11, April 11, 2011, by Calvin Sun
- InnoDB: Status, Architecture, and Latest Enhancements, COLLABORATE 11, April 11, 2011, by Calvin Sun
In addition to the blogs from the InnoDB team, Dimitri published a five-part series on MySQL 5.6 Performance, all on DimitriK’s (dim) Weblog:
- MySQL Performance: 5.6 Notes, part 5 – Fixing Adaptive Flushing..
- MySQL Performance: 5.6 Notes, part 4 – Fixing Purge issue..
- MySQL Performance: 5.6 Notes, part 3 – More in depth..
- MySQL Performance: 5.6 Notes, part 2 – Under full dbSTRESS workload…
- MySQL Performance: 5.6 Notes, part 1 – Discovery…
As usual, Dimitri’s blogs are full of nice charts, detail analysis, and sometimes critiques. In part 3, he talked about his experience on InnoDB METRICS table, a new feature in MySQL 5.6.2 release.
Øystein Grøvlen, a member of MySQL optimizer team, published an article on InnoDB Persistent Statistic: InnoDB Persistent Statistics Save the Day, also a new feature in MySQL 5.6.2 release.
The blogs written by InnoDB team:
- MySQL 5.6: Multi threaded purge, by Sunny Bains
- Tips and Tricks for Faster DDL, by Marko Mäkelä
- MySQL 5.6: Data dictionary LRU, by Sunny Bains
- Introducing page_cleaner thread in InnoDB, by Inaam Rana
- Information Schema for InnoDB System Tables, by Jimmy Yang
- InnoDB Persistent Statistics at last, by Vasil Dimov
- MySQL 5.6: InnoDB scalability fix – Kernel mutex removed, by Sunny Bains
- NoSQL to InnoDB with Memcached, by Calvin Sun
- Get started with InnoDB Memcached Daemon plugin, by Jimmy Yang
- Get started with InnoDB Metrics Table, by Jimmy Yang