By Stefanhinz-Oracle on Feb 09, 2012
The Oracle Linux and Virtualization Documentation Team is seeking an experienced Technical Writer
with a focus on writing documentation for the Oracle Linux product. (The MySQL Documentation Team is part of that group as well.)
We're a vastly distributed team, with writers in Australia, North America, and Europe. Our infrastructure is based on DocBook XML, and we're not just writing docs, but also maintain the whole processing and publication work chain.
Key competencies you should have include:
- 3 or more years previous experience in writing software documentation (please provide URLs of your writings I can look at!)
- Experience with writing documentation for system level software and operating systems
- Strong knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Strong knowledge of XML, DocBook XML, and XSL style sheets (and motivation to help maintain and expand our tools and infrastructure)
- Ability to administer own workstation and test environment
- Good experience with distributed working environments and versioning systems such as SVN
If this sounds like something for you, follow the links above and send in your application!