By stefanhinz on Apr 28, 2009
This Thursday (April 30th, 14:00 UTC), Giuseppe Maxia will give a MySQL University session on Testing Multiple Servers With MySQL Sandbox. Giuseppe is the creator of MySQL Sandbox, and has recently announced a new Sandbox version and other interesting changes, for example the --query-analyzer option to make_sandbox (but note the date when this was announced!).
For MySQL University sessions, point your browser to this page. You need a browser with a working Flash plugin. You may register for a Dimdim account, but you don't have to. (Dimdim is the conferencing system we're using for MySQL University sessions. It provides integrated voice streaming, chat, whiteboard, session recording, and more.) All MySQL University sessions are recorded, that is, slides and voice can be viewed as a Flash movie (.flv). You can find those recordings on the respective MySQL University session pages which are listed on the MySQL University home page.
MySQL University is a free educational online program for engineers/developers. MySQL University sessions are open to anyone, not just Sun employees. Sessions are recorded (slides and audio), so if you can't attend the live session you can look at the recording anytime after the session.
Here's the schedule for the upcoming weeks:
- April 30, 2009: Testing Multiple Servers With MySQL Sandbox (Giuseppe Maxia)
- May 7, 2009: MySQL Replication: Walk-through of the new 5.1 and 6.0 features (Lars Thalmann)
- May 14, 2009 (tentative): Programming Towards Multi-Core CPUs (Mikael Ronström)
- May 21, 2009: No session scheduled
- May 28, 2009: No session scheduled
- June 4, 2009: Boosting Performance With MySQL 5.1 Partitioning (Giuseppe Maxia)
- June 11, 2009: Building MySQL Releases on Unix (Jörg Brühe)
- June 18, 2009: Architecture of MySQL Backup (Lars Thalmann)
- July 2 (tentative): Starring Sakila - a data warehouse mini-tutorial (Roland Bouman)
The schedule is not engraved in stone at this point. Please visit http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_University#Upcoming_Sessions for the up-to-date list. On that page, you can also find the starting time for many time zones.