MySQL University: Optimizing Queries with EXPLAIN
By stefanhinz on Feb 02, 2010
This Thursday (February 4th, 14:00 UTC), Morgan Tocker will talk about Optimizing Queries with Explain. Morgan was a technical instructor at MySQL and works for Percona today.
MySQL University is a free educational online program for engineers/developers. MySQL University sessions are open to anyone, not just Sun employees. Sessions are recorded (slides and audio), so if you can't attend the live session you can look at the recording anytime after the session.
Here's the tentative list of upcoming sessions:
- February 11: MySQL Galera - Multi-Master Replication (Seppo Jaakola & Alex Yurchenko)
- February 18: Performance Schema: Instrumenting Code (Marc Alff)
- February 25: Securich - Security Plugin for MySQL (Darren Cassar)
- March 4: MySQL Column Databases (Robin Schumacher)
- March 11: Improving MySQL Full-Text Search (Kristofer Pettersson)