MySQL University: Introduction to the Drizzle Microkernel
By Stefanhinz-Oracle on Jan 26, 2010
This Thursday (January 28, 17:00 UTC), we'll be resuming our MySQL University sessions with an Introduction to the
Drizzle Microkernel by Brian Aker. Brian is located on the US West coast, so the session will start a bit later – see the information in the list of upcoming sessions. Brian started the Drizzle project and is the mastermind behind Drizzle development.
MySQL University is a free educational online program for engineers/developers. MySQL University sessions are open to anyone, not just Sun employees. Sessions are recorded (slides and audio), so if you can't attend the live session you can look at the recording anytime after the session.
Here's the tentative list of upcoming sessions:
- February 4: Optimizing Queries With Explain (Morgan Tocker)
- February 11: MySQL Galera - Multi-Master Replication (Seppo Jaakola & Alex Yurchenko)
- February 18: Performance Schema: Instrumenting Code (Marc Alff)
- February 25: Securich - Security Plugin for MySQL (Darren Cassar)
- March 4: MySQL Column Databases (Robin Schumacher)
- March 11: Improving MySQL Full-Text Search (Kristofer Pettersson)