By stefanhinz on Nov 05, 2013
For this job, we need the best and most dedicated people around. You will be part of a geographically distributed documentation team responsible for the technical documentation of all MySQL products. Team members are expected to work independently, requiring discipline and excellent time-management skills as well as the technical facilities and experience to communicate across the Internet.
Candidates should be prepared to work intensively with our engineers and support personnel. The overall team is highly distributed across different geographies and time zones. Our source format is DocBook XML. We're not just writing documentation, but also handling publication. This means you should be familiar with DocBook, and willing to learn our publication infrastructure.
Your areas of responsibility would initially be MySQL Enterprise Monitor, and MySQL Replication. This means you should be familiar with MySQL in general, and preferably also with the MySQL Enterprise offerings. A MySQL certification will be considered an advantage.
Other qualifications you should have:
- Native English speaker
- 5 or more years previous experience in writing software documentation
- Familiarity with distributed working environments and versioning systems such as SVN
- Comfortable with working on multiple operating systems, particularly Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Ability to administer own workstations and test environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide (online) samples of your work, e.g. books or articles
For reference, the job offer can be viewed here.