By Stefanhinz-Oracle on Feb 27, 2013
As MySQL is thriving and growing, we're looking for an experienced technical writer located in Europe or North America to join the MySQL documentation team.
For this job, we need the best and most dedicated people around. You will be part of a geographically distributed documentation team responsible for the technical documentation of all MySQL products. Team members are expected to work independently, requiring discipline and excellent time-management skills as well as the technical facilities to communicate across the Internet.
Candidates should be prepared to work intensively with our engineers and support personnel. The overall team is highly distributed across different geographies and time zones. Our source format is DocBook XML. We're not just writing documentation, but also handling publication. This means you should be familiar with DocBook, and willing to learn our publication infrastructure.
Your areas of responsibility would initially be InnoDB, MySQL Enterprise Backup, and MySQL Connectors. This means you should be familiar with MySQL in
general, and preferably also with MySQL Cluster and the MySQL Enterprise
offerings. A MySQL certification will be considered an advantage.
Other qualifications you should have:
- Native English speaker
- 3 or more years previous experience in writing software documentation
- Familiarity with distributed working environments and versioning systems such as SVN
- Comfortable with working on multiple operating systems, particularly Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Ability to administer own workstations and test environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide (online) samples of your work, e.g. books or articles
- Curiosity to learn new technologies
If you're interested, contact me under email@example.com.