By Stefanhinz-Oracle on Nov 19, 2013
(No, this is not a duplicate of the previous blog post I wrote. It's for another position!)
As MySQL is thriving and growing, we're looking for an experienced
technical writer located in the UK or Ireland to join the
MySQL documentation team.
For this job, we need the best and most dedicated people around. You
will be part of a geographically distributed documentation team
responsible for the technical documentation of all MySQL products.
Team members are expected to work independently, requiring
discipline and excellent time-management skills as well as the
technical facilities and experience to communicate across the
Candidates should be prepared to work intensively with our engineers and support personnel. The overall team is highly distributed across different geographies and time zones. Our source format is DocBook XML. We're not just writing documentation, but also handling publication. This means you should be familiar with DocBook, and willing to learn our publication infrastructure.
Your areas of responsibility would initially be MySQL Connectors, particularly Connector/NET, and MySQL Cluster connectors and APIs. This means you should be familiar with MySQL in general, with the .NET framework, and preferably also with the MySQL Cluster. A MySQL certification will be considered an advantage.
Other qualifications you should have:
- Native English speaker
- 5 or more years previous experience in writing software documentation
- Familiarity with distributed working environments and versioning systems such as SVN
- Comfortable with working on multiple operating systems, particularly Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Ability to administer own workstations and test environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide (online) samples of your work, e.g. books or articles
For reference, the job offer can be viewed here.