MySQL Enterprise Backup 3.11.0 has been released!!
By Priya Jayakumar on Sep 02, 2014
MySQL Enterprise Backup team is glad to announce the new release of MySQL Enterprise Backup (MEB) 3.11.0.
MEB 3.11.0 focuses on enhancing backup/recovery performance and adding new features that would help database administrators.
This release addresses some of the challenges customers face today while taking backups of very large databases(in terrabytes). This release also provides more complete backup with all the necessary logs required to clone a server. We have also added online restore of tables in 3.11.0 to help DBAs fix corrupted tables in the server from existing backups.
MEB 3.11.0 also brings in cloud support for backup and restore. To meet the growing trend of cloud storage, we released this feature in July '14 as part of MEB 3.10.2 release.
Please refer to this blog on Cloud Storage
- Cloud Support
- MySQL database backed up and restored in cloud
- Amazon S3 supported
- Optimistic Backup
- Simplifies backup and restore of huge database with infrequently modified tables
- Backup performance enhanced with smaller redo logs
- Full Instance Backup
- Complete backup of MySQL with binary logs and relay logs
- Cloning of MySQL server (master/slave)
- Binary logs consistent with backup, very useful to perform PITR(Point In Time Recovery)
- Online selective restore
- Online restore of single or multiple tables from TTS backups
- Very useful for the DBAs to replace a corrupted table on an online server
MEB 3.11.0 release also contains quite a few important bug fixes for the customers.
Please refer 3.11.0 documentation for more details.
Very soon you will hear detailed blogs from the MEB Engineering team on all the new features introduced in 3.11.0.
MEB 3.11.0 is supported on the following platforms:
- Debian 6.0, RHEL 6, RHEL 7, Oracle Linux, Suse 11,Ubuntu 12.04
- Solaris 10 Sparc/x86, Solaris 11 Sparc/x86
- MacOS 10.6