MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.15 Is Now Available
By Andy Bang on Jan 09, 2014
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.15 is now available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site. This is a maintenance release that fixes a number of bugs. You can find more information on the contents of this release in the change log.
You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support. Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.
As an alternative to upgrading to MySQL Enterprise Monitor (MEM) 2.3.15, we highly recommend that you consider MEM 3.0. Based on feedback from our customers, MEM 3.0 offers many significant improvements over MEM 2.3. Highlights include:
- Policy-based automatic scheduling of rules and event handling (including email notifications) make administration of scale-out easier and automatic
- Enhancements such as automatic discovery of MySQL instances, centralized agent configuration and multi-instance monitoring further improve ease of configuration and management
- The new cloud and virtualization-friendly, "agent-less" design allows remote monitoring of MySQL databases without the need for any remote agents
- Trends, projections and forecasting - Graphs and Event handlers inform you in advance of impending file system capacity problems
- Zero Configuration Query Analyzer - Works "out of the box" with MySQL 5.6 Performance_Schema (supported by 5.6.14 or later)
- False positives from flapping or spikes are avoided using exponential moving averages and other statistical techniques
- Advisors can analyze data across an entire group; for example, the Replication Configuration Advisor can scan an entire topology to find common configuration errors like duplicate server UUIDs or a slave whose version is older than its master's
More information on MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0 is available here:
- What's new in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0?
- MySQL Enterprise Edition: Demos
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor Frequently Asked Questions
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor Change History
More information on MySQL Enterprise and the Enterprise Monitor can be found here:
If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.
If you haven't looked at MEM recently, and especially MEM 3.0, please do so now and let us know what you think.
Thanks and Happy Monitoring!
- The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team