By Andy Bang-Oracle on Nov 01, 2013
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0.3 is now available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site. It will also be available via the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud with the November update in about 1 week. This is a maintenance release that fixes a number of bugs. You can find more information on the contents of this release in the change log.
You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support. Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then use the "Product or Family (Advanced Search)" feature.
You will also find the binaries on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud in approximately 1 week. Choose "MySQL Database" as the Product Pack and you will find the Enterprise Monitor along with other MySQL products.
Based on feedback from our customers, MySQL Enterprise Monitor (MEM) 3.0 offers many significant improvements over previous releases. Highlights include:
- Policy-based automatic scheduling of rules and event handling (including email notifications) make administration of scale-out easier and automatic
- Enhancements such as automatic discovery of MySQL instances, centralized agent configuration and multi-instance monitoring further improve ease of configuration and management
- The new cloud and virtualization-friendly, "agent-less" design allows remote monitoring of MySQL databases without the need for any remote agents
- Trends, projections and forecasting - Graphs and Event handlers inform you in advance of impending file system capacity problems
- Zero Configuration Query Analyzer - Works "out of the box" with MySQL 5.6 Performance_Schema (supported by 5.6.14 or later)
- False positives from flapping or spikes are avoided using exponential moving averages and other statistical techniques
- Advisors can analyze data across an entire group; for example, the Replication Configuration Advisor can scan an entire topology to find common configuration errors like duplicate server UUIDs or a slave whose version is less than its master's
More information on the contents of this release is available here:
- What's new in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0?
- MySQL Enterprise Edition: Demos
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor Frequently Asked Questions
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor Change History
More information on MySQL Enterprise and the Enterprise Monitor can be found here:
If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.
If you haven't looked at MEM recently, and especially MEM 3.0, please do so now and let us know what you think.
Thanks and Happy Monitoring!
- The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team