An exercise on using valgrind with MySQL on MacOSX

Valgrind is a very useful tool. This has been recognized by the mysql developers long ago. They've even invested effort into creating a special mode for the mysql test driver (mysql-test-run.pl) to invoke the server tests under valgrind and collect the results.

But the sad fact remains that this is not exactly usable on MacOSX due to immaturity of the valgrind's support for this platform.

Encouraged by the announcement of the return of MacOSX support in valgrind 3.6 I've started periodically giving a try to the latest valgrind version out of the svn on my 64 bit Snow Leopard to see how the things are progressing. I then report the problems that I see to the valgrind developers.

I just concluded the latest round. I've decided to give it some more effort this time and actually went and tried to implement some of the missing syscalls that I've found.

I've created a little diff.diff that implements the missing unix:330, that turned out to be sigwait. 
But then I stroke another problem. What a ride !

So to summarize : not there yet. But getting better :)
Comments:

Post a Comment:
  • HTML Syntax: NOT allowed
About

Writing about the interesting features and oddities of the MySQL server and related code.

Search

Categories
Archives
« Април 2014
НдПнВтСрЧтПтСб
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today