As follow up to the regular shows announcements, we would like to inform you about places & shows where you can find MySQL Community team or MySQL experts at during December to February timeframe. Please find the list below:
- UKOUG Tech Fest, Brighton, UK, December 1-4, 2019
- Oracle is having a big booth at this show, however this time MySQL is not part of this. Instead David Stokes, the MySQL Community Manager has a MySQL talk on "MySQL 8.0" scheduled for December 2nd @16:45-17:30. Please see the schedule.
- London Open Source DB meetup, London, UK, December 4, 2019
- David Stokes, the MySQL Community Manager is going to give a talk at the London Open Source Database Meetup on Dec 4, 2019. Details:
- Date: Dec 4, 2019
- Time: From
- 18:00 - Arrival, networking. Food and drinks offered by Oracle
- 18:20 - Intro by Federico Razzoli, database consultant * 18:30 Community lightning talks
- 19:00 - "New MySQL Features and a Brief Look into 2020!" - by David Stokes, MySQL Community Manager
- Place: Innovation Warehouse 1 E Poultry Ave · London, UK
- IT Tage, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, December 12, 2019
- IT Tage is one of Germany’s largest IT conferences to date. It covers a wide range of topics from agile development, over microservices, data-management/-usage as well as application and container design over to the internet of things:
- More than 230 sessions on various topics make it the must-go event of 2019 for IT interested parties.
- Carsten Thalheimer & Henry Kroeger will deliver a talk on “MySQL best practices – 8 easy steps to a more optimized MySQL instance”:
- On basis of RedHat Linux 8 we will demonstrate and discuss the creation of a scalable MySQL instance. Additionally an overview of the clustering possibilities within MySQL 5.7 & MySQL 8.0 will be given. The target audience for this talk are database administrators as well as those possessing a good basic understanding of database mechanics.
- You can find both, Carsten & Henry at Oracle booth all the time except the session time. Please come to talk to us!
- OpenSource Conference Osaka, Japan, January 24-25, 2020
- As tradition we are again part of OSC Osaka as Gold sponsor. You can find us at the expo area at MySQL booth as well as find a MySQL 8.0 talk in the schedule. During the talk we will introduce MySQL 8.0, the latest version of MySQL, MySQL Enterprise Edition (which provides extended functions and support), MySQL Cluster, a high-performance and highly reliable distributed cluster & Oracle MySQL Cloud Service. Please watch the conference website for talk timing & details.
- We are looking forward to talking to you at OSC Osaka!
- FOSDEM 2020, Brussels, Belgium, February 1-2, 2020
- As tradition also this year MySQL wide team is part of FOSDEM. Find us at MySQL booth in the expo area as well as in the approved FOSDEM MySQL, MariaDB & Friends Devroom. The CFP ended on Nov 20 and soon the full schedule will be announced.
- SunShine PHP, Miami, FL, US, February 6-8, 2020
- "MySQL New Features" given by David Stokes, the MySQL Community Manager. Please check the website schedule for the exact timing. You can also find MySQL at the shared booth in the expo area.
- DeveloperWeek, SFO, US, February 12-16, 2020
- This year for the first time you can find MySQL Community team at this large Developer show in SFO Bay Area. You will be able to find us at the MySQL booth in the expo area as well as find a talk given by David Stokes, the MySQL Community Manager on "MySQL without the SQL - Oh My!" in the program. The talk is preliminary scheduled for Feb 13, 2020 @3:30-3:55.
- OpenSource Conference 2020 Tokyo Spring, Tokyo, Japan, February 21-22, 2020 -> Conference was cancelled due to coronavirus
- We are happy to announce our attendance at OSC Tokyo Spring in February 2020. You can find MySQL talk in the agenda as well as our team at MySQL booth in the expo area. Please check the conference website for more details & schedule.
- Korean Community Day (KCD), Seoul, Korea, February 29, 2020) -> Conference was postponed due to coronavirus
- MySQL team is part of the Korean Community Conference hold in Korea. Please find MySQL talk in the schedule once that is announced.