We sometimes get the question "Will MySQL scale to meet my needs?". Well, consider the following examples:
MySQL solutions have become very popular in Asia as well, where certain countries with very large populations are relying on MySQL technologies to meet extremely high scalability requirements for mission critical applications. For instance:
- Booking.com processes 2 billion events/day relying on MySQL.
- Facebook started out with MySQL, and scaled to 1.6 billion monthly active users.
- Playing Candy Crush? You’re not the only one, 850 million games are played/day, served by MySQL.
- PayPal built a globally-distributed database with 100 TB of user-related data based on MySQL Cluster. It is used for fraud detection globally; a highly mission critical transactional application.
As we work closely with digital disruptors and organizations of all sizes demanding ever greater scalability from MySQL solutions, we are challenging ourselves to innovate and constantly evolve to meet their present and future needs. For example:
- MySQL Cluster powers a mobile network supporting over 800 million subscribers.
- A government processed IDs for over 1 billion citizens with MySQL.
And Oracle keeps driving MySQL innovation in many other ways, benefiting all our users and customers.
- MySQL 5.7, our latest GA release, is 3x faster than MySQL 5.6.
- After adding native JSON support in MySQL 5.7, Oracle recently announced the MySQL Document Store, enabling you to benefit from the best of the NoSQL and SQL worlds in the same MySQL database! You will be able to combine the flexibility of schema-less document stores with the power and proven performance of the relational model. In case you haven’t seen the short video introducing the MySQL Document Store, watch it now. And then try it out.
- Security is a major topic, and we recently released MySQL Enterprise Transparent Data Encryption to protect your critical data by enabling data-at-rest encryption in the database.
So in case you’re wondering if you’ll be able to scale with MySQL…They do, and chances are that you will as well. Contact us directly to discuss your specific requirements with our representatives.