The MySQL developer tools team announces 6.1.3 RC - the final release
candidate for MySQL Workbench 6.1
MySQL Workbench 6.1 is the upcoming major update for the official MySQL
graphical development tool.
Introducing over 30 new features, this version has many significant
enhancement focusing on real-time performance assessment and analysis
from the SQL statement level to server internals and file IO. You'll
see this in additions to the SQL Editor as well as new dashboard
visualization and reporting that takes advantage of MySQL Server 5.6
and 5.7 Performance Schema, and enhancements to the MySQL Explain Plans.
Additionally Workbench 6.1 is leveraging work from various teammates in
MySQL Engineering by introducing a schema called "SYS" that provides
simplified views on Performance Schema, Information Schema, and other
Special thanks to the server optimizer team, server runtime team, and Mark
Leith. For Oracle DBAs MySQL SYS is similar to the V$ catalog views and
MSSQL folks its like DMVs (Dynamic Management Views). MySQL Workbench 6.1 includes:
- Improved drag and drop support in the Home screen and SQL Editor
- Visual Explain 2. The Visual Explain feature was revamped and is now
easier to read and interpret. You can also get the traditional tabular
explain output from within the same interface.
- Performance Dashboard. A graphical representation of some key statistics
from the server status, gives you a bird's eye view of the status of key
- For advanced users, Performance Schema Instrumentation. A GUI for
configuring the Performance Schema in detail, for advanced users.
- Performance Schema based reporting. Gives insight into the operation
of the server through many high-level reports.
- New query result view. Get more information about queries you execute,
such as information about the fields in your result set and key performance
statistics from your query (timing, index usage, number of rows scanned,
- Form Editor for resultsets. In addition to the result grid, you can now
edit records row by row in a form style editor.
- Table Inspector. Similar to the Schema Inspector, view detailed
information from tables. A streamlined interface for creating indexes is also included.
- Support for the Windows accessibility API and Windows high contrast
color schemes. A new high contrast theme has been introduced.
- And more.
More than 60 enhancement requests and bugs reported by users have also been
addressed, providing performance, usability and stability improvements
across the board.
For the full list of bugs fixed in this revision, visithttp://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/workbench/en/changes-6-1.html
For discussion, join the MySQL Workbench Forums:http://forums.mysql.com/index.php?151 Download
MySQL Workbench 6.1.3 RC now, for Windows, Mac OS X 10.6+, Oracle
Linux 6, Fedora 19, Fedora 20, Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 13.10 or sources,
In Windows, you can also use the integrated MySQL Installer to update
MySQL Workbench and other MySQL products.
- Download: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/tools/workbench/
- Bugs: http://bugs.mysql.com
- Forums: http://forums.mysql.com/index.php?151