We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.4.1 is now available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site. It will also be available for download via the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud in a few days. MySQL Enterprise Monitor is the best-in-class tool for monitoring and management of your MySQL assets and is included with your MySQL Enterprise Edition and MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition subscriptions.
You can find more information on the contents of this release in the change log.
Highlights of MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.4 include:
- The Replication Dashboard is extended to provide monitoring support for Group Replication, which was introduced in MySQL Server 5.7.17. The Topology view provides a visual representation of your group replication topologies, and the Status drill downs are updated with Group Replication-specific information. The status of the entire group is reported on, also showing node failure tolerances and whether Group Replication has quorum.
- New Group Replication Configuration and Group Replication Status Advisors provide continuous analysis of the condition of your group replication topologies. The Configuration Advisor checks for misconfigurations which could lead to unstable or insecure installations; the Status Advisor continuously monitors for servers which go offline or fall out of sync with the other members of the cluster.
- The new Table Statistics report utilizes sys schema and its schema_table_statistics view to show detailed table statistics in both table and treemap forms. Available on MySQL 5.6 and above, report details include total latencies, total number of rows deleted, total I/O write requests.
- In general, the user interface page-loading times and page responsiveness are improved in 3.4. In addition, time series graphs are much faster in this release, particularly when you specify a long time period. This graph performance improvement is gained by continuous aggregation of time series data. If you are updating from an earlier version, a one-time aggregation of your historic time series data is performed when you first start the Service Manager (as shown by a progress indicator next to the System Status Summary).
You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support. Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.
You will also find the binaries on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud soon. Type "MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.4.0" in the search box, or enter a license name to find Enterprise Monitor along with other MySQL products: "MySQL Enterprise Edition" or "MySQL Cluster Carrier Edition". Then select your platform.
Please open a bug or a ticket on My Oracle Support to report problems, request features, or give us general feedback about how this release meets your needs.
If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.
Thanks and Happy Monitoring!
- The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team