We are very happy to announce the general availability of MySQL Enterprise Monitor, Version 3.3. MySQL Enterprise Monitor is the best- in-class tool for monitoring and management of your MySQL assets and is included with your MySQL Enterprise Edition and MySQL Enterprise Carrier Grade subscriptions.
You’ll find information about what’s new in the change log.
Highlights of this release include:
- 3.3 introduces a new Enterprise Backup Dashboard that brings deeper integration with MySQL Enterprise Backup. View current backup status, history and archive details by group or instance using MySQL Enterprise Backup Advisor collections from existing mysql.backup_history and mysql.backup_progress table data.
- Backup Group view shows a summary of backup events, details on the last successful full and Incremental backup types, any failed backups and an indication of whether the group has full backup coverage. Coverage calculations include appropriate checks on replication filters across your replication topologies.
- Backup view of a single MySQL Instance shows a summary of backup events, details on the last successful full and Incremental backup types and any failed backups.
- Select the Backup History tab to see all known backups in the event you need to perform a restore operation. Each row in the backup history table shows the backup type, status, completion timestamp and the log coordinates when the consistent snapshot was taken.
- Drill down to an individual Backup archive to view all its metadata and associated progress logs.
- The 3.3 User Interface now makes zooming in on common problems a single click on a named filter. Use these shortcuts to quickly select the search criteria of most interest on the MySQL Instances, Events, Query Analyzer and All Timeseries Graphs pages. Examples of pre-defined filters include all MySQL Instances using an EOL version, old MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent installations, currently open Emergency events, and all statements that cause a full table scan, temporary tables on disk or SQL Errors. In addition to pre- defined filters, you can assign a name to your own favorite search conditions for reuse across sessions.
You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support. Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.
You will also find the binaries on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud soon. Choose "MySQL Database" as the Product Pack and you will find the Enterprise Monitor along with other MySQL products.
Please open a bug or a ticket on My Oracle Support to report problems, request features, or give us general feedback about how this release meets your needs.
If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to
http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at
Thanks and Happy Monitoring!
- The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team