As an update of the set of conferences and events where you can find and meet MySQL experts (blog posted on September 17), please find below the list of conference & events with our attendance. At some of them you can meet directly MySQL Community team, at others you can find other MySQL experts, please find more details at each show below. New events are marked with NEW! See the list below:
- March 2016
- NEW! Great Wide Open, Atlanta, US (March 16-17, 2016)
- MySQL Community team (David Stokes) is going to be part of this show with MySQL talk and booth. David will be talking about "MySQL's JSON Data Type", his talk is scheduled for Wednesday, March 16@4:15pm.
- FOSSASIA, Singapore (March 18-20, 2016)
- MySQL team is going to be part of this event with MySQL talks & booth. Please watch the conference website for further updates in the agenda. The talks scheduled are:
- Enhanced High Availability using MySQL Group Replication - by Manish Kumar
- MySQL - Performance Schema - by Manyank Prasad
- April 2016
- NEW! ACOUG Asia Tour, Tokyo, Japan (April 6, 2016)
- All China Oracle User Group is organizing the MySQL Asia Tour on New Features in MySQL 5.7. Find more information at the ACOUG link above.
- NEW! Lonestar PHP, Dallas, TX, US (April 7-9, 2016)
- MySQL Community team is a Bronze sponsor of this event, you can find David Stokes, the MySQL Community Manager at the approved MySQL tutorial scheduled on Thursday, April 7th, from 1-4pm. The topic of the tutorial is "Relational Theory of Budding Einsteins".
- NEW! MySQL User Group Turkey, Besiktas, Istanbul (April 7, 2016)
- We are pleased to announce another MySQL User Group meeting, this time in Turkey. Please find more details about the agenda at the link above or at the MySQL blog.
- NEW! Collaborate 16, Las Vegas, US (April 10-14, 2016)
- MySQL Community team and other Oracle's team are going to be part of this technology & application forum. Do not miss the MySQL Certification session (ID.4110) scheduled for April 13, 2016, from 3-4pm led by David Stokes, MySQL Community Manager.
- NEW! Internet of Things, Chicago, US (April 13-14, 2016)
- Do not miss the talk led by David Stokes, the MySQL Community Manager talking about how the database vendors are incorporating noSQL technologies into their products under a topic of Relational Databases in a Ephemeral World. The talk is scheduled for April 13 @11am.
- NEW! PyCon IT, Florence, Italy (April 15-17, 2016)
- Marco Carlessi, the MySQL Senior Sales Consultant will be talking about
Python and MySQL: how python can help in manage MySQL. His talk is
scheduled for Saturday, April 16, 2016, @9:00am, please watch the conference schedule for further changes.
- NEW! Great Indian Developer Summit (GIDS), Bangalore, India (April 19-22, 2016)
- MySQL, same as last year is going to be part of GIDS again. This year MySQL will be sharing the Oracle booth with other Oracle teams as well as have scheduled a talk on the GIDS.DATA & ANALYTICS day on Friday, April 29. The talk on "MySQL: What is new" is hold by Sanjay Manwani, MySQL Development Director. Watch the organizers website for further updates.
- LinuxFest Northwest 2016, Bellingham, WA, US (April 23-24, 2016)
- This year MySQL Community team has accepted 2 sessions both by David Stokes, the MySQL Community Manager:
- Same as in previous years we are supporting and going to attend this "specialized" event. Since it's (un)conference, the topics of talks will be chosen on place by participants. Come to find our MySQL experts there!
- May 2016
- NEW! ACOUG Asia Tour - MySQL Taipei (May 9, 2016)
- All China Oracle User Group is organizing the MySQL Asia Tour on New
Features in MySQL 5.7. Find more information at the ACOUG link above.
- NEW! PHPtek16, St.Louis, US (May 23-27, 2016)
- Same as in previous years we are going to be part of this show. This year there is a MySQL talk approved on "MySQL JSON Data Type" run by David Stokes, MySQL Community Manager. The talk is scheduled for May 26th @10:30-11:30am.
- NEW! ContainerDays Boston 2016, Cambridge, US (May 24-25 ,2016)
- Another (un)conference we are going to attend, this year for the first time. MySQL Community team is going to have a MySQL booth in the expo area, come to find & talk to us there!
- NEW! MOSC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (May 25-28, 2016)
- Same as in 2014 we are going to be part of this local OS conference. This year we are going to have a MySQL booth in the expo area and also MySQL session & MySQL workshop. The topics will be announced later on, please watch organizers website or this blog for further details.
- June 2016
- NEW! OpenSUSE, Nuremberg, Germany (June 22-26, 2016)
- Again this year we are going to be part of this SUSE conference, this year we have submitted a MySQL Firewall talk and we hope it will be approved. We have also a MySQL booth where you can find our MySQL experts. Come to talk to us!
- NEW! Hong Kong OS Conference, Hong Kong (June 24-26, 2016)
- Again this year we are going to attend this HK Open Source conference. This year we will have 2 MySQL/Oracle sessions & MySQL booth in the expo area. Please watch organizers website for further updates about the talk topics and schedule.
There is more events planned for the second half of the 2016. We will keep you informed or you can check the MySQL Community platform for more information.