Join Oracle Solaris at PyCon 2013
By mwidjaja on Mar 15, 2013
Oracle is sponsoring Python Conference 2013!
Check us out if you happen to go to PyCon this year. We're also looking for talented engineers to join our ever growing engineering team in Santa Clara.
But why and how is Python related to Solaris core OS? you might ask.
Here's an excerpt from our slide and bag inserts at PyCon:
Oracle Solaris Is Developed with Python
Python is critical to deploying, configuring, running, and packaging the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system. Oracle uses Python in several Oracle Solaris components including the deployment engine, device/hardware discovery, system configuration, and the
• Image Packaging System (IPS) — manage software installed on the system
• Automated Installer (AI) — manage large-scale system deployment and configuration
• Boot Environments (BE) — allow system snapshot and rollback at the root file system
• Service Management Facility (SMF) — manage services and daemons running on the system
• Remote Administration Daemon (RAD) — manage the system with Python language binding
Python will play an increasingly important role in future versions of Oracle Solaris, as we expand further into the cloud space, providing a robust, mission critical IaaS solution for the complete Oracle integrated technology stack.
Make UNIX Innovations Happen with Oracle Solaris
If you’re interested in systems programming and love Python, you can join us in developing Oracle Solaris — the #1 UNIX enterprise OS. And have fun writing Python.
Talk to the engineering teams who build Oracle Solaris using Python. We have openings in multiple locations and multiple technology areas.