JDeveloper 12.1.3 and ADF 12.1.3 announced today! This version aligns with the release of Fusion Middleware 12.1.3 which also include Weblogic and SOA Suite.
You can download from here : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/downloads/index.html
New In This Release
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c: This release of JDeveloper and ADF correspond with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c (18.104.22.168.0), which includes updated versions of WebLogic Server, TopLink, Coherence, and SOA in additional to other middleware components.
- Java SE 8 Preview While this version of JDevleoper must run with a Java SE 7 JDK, you can add Java SE 8 as a Java SE library (Tools > Manage Libraries, Java SE Definitions tab) and use that to compile and test against. Make sure your target deployment environment supports Java SE 8!
- With Java SE 8, JDeveloper introduces a new refactoring to transform an anonymous inner class into a Lambda expression
- Maven enhancements We've squashed quite a few bugs in this area (including removing absolute path references) as well as incorporating a couple new features:
- New ADF "oracle-adffaces-ejb" archetype introduced to enable creating a basic ADF application using ADF Faces and EJB from Maven.
- JDeveloper now supports creating a project from an archetype which takes parameters.
- Download and Apply patches from Update Center We now have the option to distribute critical patches (in Opatch format) through JDeveloper's Check for Updates tool.
Java EE and Web Development
- No Paging mode New option when creating EJB and Bean data controls to control paginated fetching of data.
- AccessMode specification Ability to use the AccessMode annotation on either the session bean class or the interface (remote or local) on which the data control is based.
- Data Control property annotations Define data control properties (for example UI Hints) through annotations directly on the bean classes and avoid the prior requirement to maintain separate XML structure files for this purpose.
- Customizable configuration classes Ability to specify a configuration class to hold the metadata for custom bean data controls.
- Servlet-based EJB clients Ability to generate servlets that operate as EJB clients for improved EJB client testing.
- ID Generator audit If an JPA Entity does not have ID generation an audit tip to create @GeneratedValue annotation will appear.
- Configurable beans.xml location Beans.xml may now be added to either WEB-INF or META-INF depending on user requirements.
- Web Sockets The properties window now supports the option to create and edit Web Socket annotations for Java classes.
Web Services Development
- JAX-RS REST services JDeveloper provides support for creating JAX-RS 1.1 and 2.0 REST services and clients using provided Jersey implementations.
- WADL viewer enhancements The WADL preview has been redesigned for improved readability and usability.
- HTTP Analyzer REST structure page enhancements The Structure view of the HTTP Analyzer for REST requests and responses has been redesigned for improved usability.
- Fast Infoset Fast Infoset is now enabled by default on SOAP Services in JDeveloper to improve SOAP messaging performance.
Application Server Integration
- Coherence (GAR) deployment JDeveloper now supports the creation and deployment of GAR files for Coherence projects.
- ojserver ojserver is process that can service ojdeploy requests with less overhead per request. The Ant task generation for ojdeploy now supports options to use ojserver instead.
- Browser configuration script In the Web Browser and Proxy settings of JDeveloper, it's now possible to use a configuration script (for example, wpad.dat) for the proxy definition.
- SQL Developer 4.0 This JDeveloper version is aligned with SQL Developer 4.0, so many of the new features of SQL Developer are exposed in JDeveloper, including new Reporting, Cart features, improved searching, and more.
- Database Connection enhancements In addition to updating the third-party databases you can connect to, we have also added the ability to pass additional/arbitrary JDBC parameters to the connection.
- Code Insight in Database Modeler Code insight is now triggered when typing entries in the Database Modeler.
- Many SQL & PL/SQL Coding improvements There are a number of enhancements to SQL and PL/SQL coding including:
- Shared implementation with IDE of code folding, usage highlighting, code insight, and use of audits for highlighting and fixing missing methods
- Offline PL/SQL can be compiled against a database connection
- Ability to test SELECT statements embedded in PL/SQL.
- Synchronize package specifications and bodies to add and remove member declarations.
ADF View (ADF Faces, DVT)
- The New DVT Client Side Charting Solution provides the following benefits:
- Client Side Resizing: Ability to resize and fit to containers without the need to go back to the server for layout.
- Improved Server Scalability: Layout is offloaded to the client, reducing server workload and increasing scalability of applications.
- Rich Set of Features:
- Over 30+ chart types
- Redesigned zoom and scroll
- Marquee zoom and selection
- Redesigned Time axis
- Hide and show series and ability to change layout with client side rescale
- Improved data labeling
- Recursive bounded task flows Support for calling bounded task flows recursively. In previous versions, the view layer did not detect that the view activity had occurred and did not re-render the region.
ADF Business Components
- Groovy Debugging: Groovy is utilized in a number of places, including Business Rule validator and trigger expressions. Now, one can set breakpoints and use the JDeveloper debugger to debug Groovy expressions.
- Groovy Support for attribute UI hints: Entity and view attributes have a list of UI hints that can be utilized to how best render an attribute in their user interface. With Groovy support, now these hints can be calculated at runtime.
ADF Desktop Integration
- Windows 8 & Excel 2013 support Updated support for Windows 8 and Excel 2013.
- New Components Several new components are introduced in this release:
- Image: The ADF Image component can be used to add images to an Excel workbook.
- Output Text (Worksheet Errors): Used to display worksheet errors.
- Output Text (Table Errors): Used to display database table errors.
- New Properties Several new properties have been added in this release:
- AllowCancel (Status message): Allows the user to cancel an ActionSet call that may be hung or taking too long.
- ResizeMode, ResizeColumnsMode properties and ResizeColumns action (Table): Allow more control over table resizing behavior.
- Tooltip: Many UI components now have a Tooltip property for specifying tooltips.