Wednesday Aug 20, 2008

Oracle Fusion Increase Prices 40% for SOA -- Does that make sense?

Many customers and prospects I speak to today have a similar problem.. how to get the best ROI of 20% of IT spend. After all the other 80% goes to maintenance of existing systems.

The challenge is huge since the business is looking to IT to drive strategic business value and increase revenue to the company by either creating offerings that increase revenue per use (ARPU) or drive the business into new areas that result in more subscribers.

Now some proprietary software vendors have put the added squeeze on customers by arbitrarily increasing software license costs (Oracle just increased their Fusion costs  by over 40%) with no additional value add. This is absolutely amazing since there is ZERO new value just a huge increase in cost. For those customers looking for other options I recommend you try our TCO calculator at http://www.sun.com/logic to see what Sun can save you by just changing your software vendor. In addition we promise no stupid software audits and if you decide to change you hardware topology go ahead.. again no additional costs!

Here at Sun we are about providing real business return for you by only charging you for the value we add. So if you are wanting to save over $6M on your software costs for SOA register for our SOA offering and see how much return you can create for your business.

-Mark

Monday Mar 24, 2008

Do you need a FedLet?

You know when Daniel posts a blog like this, there can only be something really cool and exciting about to happen.. Unfortunately he has not shared the news with me, but I was hoping that by driving enough traffic and comments to him he might spill the beans!

Come on Daniel.. what is a FedLet? Or is it a Fedlet, fedlet, FEDlet, FEDLET, ....

-Mark

About

Musings from Mark Herring at Sun...

Search

Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today