JET 4.4.7 released
By mramcha on Oct 21, 2008
I've just released JET 4.4.7 internally. Bruce is in the process of putting together a new bundle including 4.4.7 for the external download, so it'll arrive in couple of weeks. If you need it NOW just ask nicely.
The latest version currently available externally is 4.4, and we've added a bunch of features since then. Here's a brief overview of what's new/changed/fixed:
- 6660631: Disabling UFS logging no longer works.
- 6673213: Selecting dhcp should automatically select grub if required.
- 6675467: JET needs to workaround Nevada installation bug 6633017.
- 6315828: JET "shutup_sendmail" variable does not work on Solaris 10.
- 6526561: Typo in make_client, missing r on JS_error line 130.
- 6656549: Add ability to do fdisk commands in the profile.
- 6694299: SUNWjet fails to install on system with super long group.
- 6690411: base_config_profile_fdisk needs to be ingored for sparc.
- 6698860: "rarp" service should not be enable by JET (on dhcp builds)
- 6706581: JET needs to support ZFS root installs. This is a pretty big one, with the inclusion of 5 new base_config variables. Might require a separate blog article to explain, but as usual, the comments in the template should get you on the way.
- 6735314: JET incorrectly sets NFSMAPID_DOMAIN to "dynamic".
- 6735318: JET should support noatime mount options.
- 6740625: JET client_environment should never output a warning message.
- 6675467: (again, as we need to apply workaround for Sol10 U6 as well)
- 6761787: JET custom_files should allow the overwritten file to be backed up. (inspiration from Christopher Hubbell)