Improving OOo's Slide Sorter Mode
By mprove on Feb 01, 2009
The Slide Sorter mode in OOo Impress can (and should) be improved. e.g.
- the thumbnail generation is too slow
- the resolution for images on slides is too low
- the seams between the slides are too wide
- slide number and title are most of the time redundant information. It saves horizontal space if the info is placed in one row below the slides; or even combined if the default slide title is used.
- hidden slides could be grayed out.
- the entire width of the window should be used.
- the maximum size of the slides should be increased.
- keyboard navigation with arrows should be supported
- what about a cool canvas backgroud?
But I like that OOo has a Slide Sorter mode.
Surprisingly enough, this is a missing feature in Apple's Keynote.