Java EE Service Engine for GlassFish V3
By Mohit Gupta on Dec 03, 2009
GlassFish v3 provides the Sun Java EE Engine (Java EE Service Engine), a JSR 208-compliant Java Business Integration (JBI) runtime component that connects Java EE web services to JBI components. It acts as a bridge between the Java EE and JBI runtime environments for web service providers and web service consumers.
Here are the steps for using Java EE Service Engine with Fuji(OpenESB-v3)
- Download the latest GlassFish V3, promoted build from here.
Download glassfish-v3-b\*-unix.sh or glassfish-v3-b\*-windows.exe file, so that
the GlassFish update tool is also available.
- Install glassfish-v3, remember to check on "Install Updatetool"
checkbox, during the installation. Let's call the GlassFish install directory as GF_HOME.
- Fuji-GlassFish container is available for installation with GlassFIsh-v3 at http://download.java.net/maven/open-esb/fuji/fuji-gf-container/
- Installing the fuji-glassfish-container :
jar -xvf ~fuji-gf-container.jar
- Start the glassfish update tool : $GF_HOME/bin/updatetool. Select Java EE Service Engine from the list of available addons and install it.
- Start domain :
-- cd $GF_HOME/bin
-- ./asadmin start-domain
- Deploying the Service Assembly:
-- cp ~mySA.jar $GF_HOME/glassfish/domains/domain1/autodeploy/bundles or
-- ./asadmin deploy ~mySA.jar
- Undeploying the Service Assembly:
-- rm $GF_HOME/glassfish/domains/domain1/autodeploy/bundles/mySA.jar or
-- ./asadmin undeploy mySA
Java EE Service Engine Details: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/sunjavaee_engine/
List of available JBI components: http://download.java.net/maven/open-esb/fuji/components/installers/