As societies and economies become increasingly digital, citizens are expecting the same from their public institutions. Governments are challenged to foster digital transformation to meet the expectations of more demanding citizens, service users, and empowered staff. A government that can’t leverage digital tools and data can’t be agile enough to quickly respond to economic, social or environmental changes.
Here are top 10 signs that it’s time for your government organization to look at modern cloud applications:
- You have customized applications that are difficult to update. Customizations are a very real issue with legacy applications. Many customizations aren’t “upgrade safe,” and every customization or upgrade in your on-premises system incurs extra costs and needs extra time to test.
- Your security is out of date or incomplete. You can’t keep up with the latest security threats or have vulnerabilities that can be exploited. This is of particular concern to governments and public institutions, who hold large amounts of confidential citizen data.
- It’s increasingly challenging to take advantage of new technologies. Due to outdated systems, you have difficulty adopting new technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Your on-premises systems need new hardware. Your agency’s physical infrastructure is past due for an expensive capital replacement.
- Your on-premises maintenance costs are increasing. Your system fees and services costs are rising annually.
- The number of disconnected systems and data silos is increasing. Growth in disconnected systems and data silos slows decision-making and results in added costs, increased security risks, and conflicting answers to key questions.
- You’re experiencing rapid changes. Your ability to adapt to changing policies and regulations is hampered by your applications.
- You’re faced with new compliance requirements. Increasing financial and compliance requirements impact your operations and ability to serve constituents.
- Your constituents’ demands are increasing. Your agency cannot keep up with increasing demands from citizens, staff, and suppliers.
- Your government is facing economic uncertainty. Your existing operating models and processes aren’t fast or agile enough to address remote work, virtual connections with citizens, or volatile supply chains.
Regardless of where you are in your cloud journey—whether you’re in the early evaluation stages, or have already adopted SaaS applications for part of your organization and are looking at additional processes to improve—one thing is clear: a complete and connected suite of cloud applications can help you achieve your goals faster.