“Why should we choose Oracle ERP Cloud for our business?”
We frequently hear this question as companies evaluate which ERP solution would best suit their needs.
To help answer that and other common questions, TrustRadius surveyed existing Oracle ERP customers and created a report to help you make an informed decision. Here are a few of the most often asked questions and the answers these customers provided.
1. Cloud suite. As they were looking to make the transition from on-premise solutions, customers said that Oracle was a leader among cloud ERP suites. They specifically called out how the suite is specifically built for the cloud, as well as how it helps them reduce overall infrastructure costs.
2. Breadth of product features. Customers frequently choose Oracle ERP Cloud due to its broad feature set. They regularly point to the suite’s comprehensiveness and its comparative superiority for specific features, such as control over financing needs and global scalability.
3. Integrations with other Oracle products. Customers also choose the suite because it’s easy to integrate with other products in the Oracle ecosystem—including native integration across the Oracle Cloud, from HR to supply chain to customer experience. The ability to smoothly interface with the rest of their technology stacks helps break down information silos and increase process efficiency across their organizations.
4. Reduced IT costs from transitioning to the cloud. Customers in all company sizes said that the suite was a critical part of helping them significantly reduce IT costs after they transitioned from an on-premise to a cloud ERP system. The savings included reduced IT maintenance, decreased fees, and freed up labor resources.
5. Improved project efficiency. Customers noted that the suite’s centralized project planning and management capabilities have improved their efficiency and reduced administrative costs. One large hospital and health care company said they’ll be able to eliminate 9 financial tools, which will streamline their processes.
6. Better, faster reporting. The suite’s reporting and analytics dashboards, supported by Oracle Analytics, has saved companies of all sizes time and labor around reporting. One information technology and services customer said they’ve seen a 50 percent improvement on reporting and dashboard preparation time.
7. Integrations. The ability for Oracle ERP to easily integrate with other software, particularly with other Oracle Cloud products, is one of the most frequently mentioned pros across all company sizes.
8. Reporting. Having centralized business data, as well as access to Oracle Analytics, has built reporting and analytics into a core strength for customers of all company sizes.
9. Low-to-no maintenance costs or burdens. Oracle ERP Cloud minimizes the maintenance burden for ERP administrators and teams, which IT staffs particularly appreciate. Customers also like how the suite helps reduce the financial overhead of managing company-wide systems.
Companies of all sizes and in many industries have decided on Oracle ERP Cloud. The full report offers details about the use cases, strengths, ROIs, and features that customers find the most compelling.