Configuration Tips for better Performance with ADF Mobile Apps
By SRINI INDLA-Oracle on Dec 12, 2012
Some tips to keep in mind to make sure ADF Mobile application's
performance is optimal:
1. Select release mode in deployment profile. This is perhaps the most important thing to remember to ensure best performance for ADF Mobile Apps. Selecting this option causes the deployer to package optimized JVM and minified JS libs with the mobile app there by significantly improving the over all performance of the application.
2. For iOS you do not need to do anything else other than selecting release mode in deploy profile. However, on Android you have to create a keystore and configure it in JDev --> Tools --> Preferences --> ADF Mobile --> Platforms : Android as shown in the snapshot below
3. Steps for generating the Keystore for Android using keytool :
4. Logging level setting in logging.properties: Make sure the
log level is set to SEVERE for both framework logger as well as the
application logger as follows
5. When using SOAP WebServices with WebService Data Control make sure you select the option to copy the WSDL. This will cause the JDev to download the WSDL and all the XSDs referenced by the WSDL from the server at design time and package them with the application during deployment. This way the application does not incur the cost of downloading these resources at run time from the device.