Wednesday Mar 19, 2014
Thursday Mar 13, 2014
By Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle on Mar 13, 2014
In the world of mobile you need to be moving fast, and the ADF Mobile team has been busy doing just this.
Less than 2 months after our last patch release - that added the new look and feels for your ADF Mobile apps - we are happy to announce another new release - patch 6.
The main difference you are going to see with this release is if you are doing development/testing/running on the Android OS.
We have dramatically improved the initial startup time for ADF Mobile apps on Android.
What do we mean by dramatic? Well, from our testing ADF Mobile apps are starting up as much as five time faster than before.
So make sure to download the latest ADF Mobile patch using the Help->Check for Update feature in your JDeveloper
Monday Mar 10, 2014
By Steven Davelaar on Mar 10, 2014
Oracle's A-Team has developed a free JDeveloper extension called the "ADF Mobile Persistence Sample". This extension contains powerful design-time wizards and a comprehensive runtime library, allowing you to very quickly create a mobile application with data caching and data syncing capabilities. Check out this impressive video that shows the development process with this extension from start to finish.
More information can be found in two articles on the A-Team Chronicles website:
- Going Mobile with ADF – Implementing Data Caching and Syncing for Working Offline Part I: This articles focusses on the runtime persistence architecture used by the extension.
- Going Mobile with ADF – Implementing Data Caching and Syncing for Working Offline Part II: This article focusses on the design-time wizards used to create a layer of business objects based on a SOAP or REST web service and the wizard used to generate a default mobile user interface. At the bottom of this article you can find the link to download the extension install file, and links to additional videos as well as sample applications.
Oracle A-Team and Mobile Platform Product Management are currently investigating how the functionality of this extension can best be integrated in future releases of the product.
This blog is is dedicated to announcements,tips and tricks and other items related to developing, integrating, securing, and managing mobile applications using Oracle's Mobile Platform. It is created and maintained by the Oracle Mobile product development team.
Archive of past entries
Even More Mobile Development Blogs
Oracle A-Team Site - Mobile Related Entries
Code samples from the Community
Fusion Middleware Blogs
- A new mobile app for free! - the ultimate free lunch
- IFC Group & Oracle MCS Make Life Easy For Sales Reps
- Free Mobile Training to Awake the Sleeping Giant - August 2016
- The rise of the mobile citizen developer & Oracle Mobile Application Accelerator
- Mobile Cloud Service at Manchester Airports Group
- Mobile Cloud Service 2.0 is Here!
- MAF 220.127.116.11 Released
- Secure Oracle MAF applications with MobileIron, AirWatch
- Cordova updates in MAF 2.3
- MAF 2.3 Deprecates RestServiceAdapter ... and replaces it with RestServiceAdapter