We are pleased to announce the general availability of the newest version of
Oracle’s ADF Mobile framework. This new framework provides the much
anticipated on-device capabilities that the latest mobile applications require.
- Oracle brings a Java VM embedded with each application so you can develop all your business logic in
the platform neutral language you know and love! (Yes, even iOS!)
- Since we give you Java, we also provide JDBC along with a SQLite driver and engine that also supports
encryption out of the box.
- Truly develop your application only once and deploy to multiple platforms. iOS and Android platforms
are supported for both phone and tablet.
- You can decide how to implement the UI: (a) Use existing server-based UI framework like JSF. (b) Use
your own favorite HTML5 framework like JQuery. (c) Use our declarative HTML5 component set provided with
the framework. ADF Mobile XML or AMX for short, provides all the normal input and layout controls you
expect and we also add charts/maps/gauges along with it to provide a very comprehensive UI controls. You
can also mix and match any of the three for ultimate flexibility!
- Device Feature Access
GPS, email, SMS, contacts, etc.
- ADF Mobile provides integrated security that works with your server back-end as well. Whether
you’re using remote URLs, local HTML or AMX, you can secure any/all of your features with a single
consistent login page. Since we also give you SQLite encryption, we are assured that your data is safe.
- Using the same development techniques that ADF developers are already used to, you can quickly create
mobile applications without ever learning another language!
ADF Mobile is a “hybrid” architecture that employs a natively built
“container” on each platform that hosts a number of browser windows
that are used to display the application content. We add the Java VM as a
natively built library to the container for business logic.
How To Get Started
ADF Mobile is an extension to the recently released JDeveloper version
22.214.171.124.0. Simple get the latest JDeveloper from Oracle Technology Network and
use the Check for Updates feature to get the ADF Mobile extension.
Note: ADF Mobile does not require developers to learn any other languages or
frameworks but to build/deploy to iOS, you must be on an Apple MacintoshTM and
have Xcode installed. To build/deploy to Android™ you must have the
Android SDK installed.