By Joe Huang on Oct 19, 2012
It's been a little over two weeks since the end of Oracle Open World 2012, and hope everyone has recovered sufficiently. We have seen a tremendous amount of coverage on Oracle ADF Mobile during this Oracle Open World. For starters, ADF Mobile demo booth was positioned in the Oracle Red Lounge in Moscone North, where all new and innovative technologies are being demonstrated. The booth is liternally out front and the first booth in the area, and we had a lot of interested attendees talking to us. It feels like ADF Mobile has finally arrived on the big stage.
There are numerous sessions and hands on labs that covers ADF Mobile. Details can be found in Oracle Open World page.
- The Oracle Cloud: Oracle's Cloud Platofrm and Application Strategy by Thomas Kurian (Keynote)
- Near the beginning of the keynote, showing a great analytics application built using ADF Mobile
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Strategies Driving Business Innovation by Hasan Rizvi (Keynote)
- The Future of Development for Oracle Fusion—From Desktop to Mobile to Cloud by Chris Tonas (General Session)
- Co-presented with Accenture, an ADF Mobile Beta Partner
- Extend Oracle Fusion Apps to Tablets/Smartphones with Oracle Mobile Technology (General Session)
- Extend Oracle Applications to Mobile Devices with Oracle’s Mobile Technologies (General Session)
- Building Mobile Applications with Oracle Cloud (General Session)
- Mobile-Enable Oracle Fusion Middleware and Enterprise Applications with Oracle ADF (Conference Session)
- Co-presented with Infosys, an ADF Mobile Beta Partner
- Develop On-Device iPhone and iPad Apps Without Writing Any Objective-C Code (Oracle Develop Session)
- Mobile Apps for Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle ADF Mobile and Oracle SOA Suite (Conference Session)
- Developing Applications for Mobile iOS and Android Devices with Oracle ADF Mobile (Hands on Lab)
- This lab was repeated 8 (!) times
- Build Mobile Applications for Oracle E-business Suite (Hands on Lab)
By far, the most memorable event during Open World was the ADF Meett Up at the OTN Lounge, where beers were flowing (for a little while) and familiar names are finally matched with faces. We also appreciate the opportunity to interview the attendees from New Caledonia - sorry we probably surprised you with the video record, and many thanks for coming through for us.
I also want to thank my fellow ADF Mobile and Fusion Middleware team members - from product managers, engineers, and product marketing, everyone worked extremely hard to make this Open World a great success for ADF Mobile.
I really enjoyed meeting everyone at Oracle Open World, at the booth, sessions, etc. Now it's on to release ADF Mobile - for real!
PS: If this thread shows up on your RSS feed, please keep watching...