By moazam on Jan 13, 2006
The general steps for installation and configuration are as follows,
To install base OS
1. Boot and install from Solaris 10u1 DVD by selecting the 'Interactive Text (Console)' option.
To install wireless driver
1. Download and install the SUNWatheros package from the OpenSolaris ath page.
2. Follow instructions on the aforementioned OpenSolaris ath page except the 'wificonfig createprofile' section is incorrect and should be
To install native widescreen video driver
wificonfig createprofile essid=ssid encryption=wep wepkey1=wepkey
1. Download the frkit from OpenSolaris.
2. Install the 915resolution package from within frkit. Don't install the cardbus or wifi packages, they seem to break the SUNWatheros driver. I have to confirm if both are the cause of the break, or just one. More news later on this.
3. Run xorgconfig and select the i810 generic driver.
4. Within the xorgconfig program, set custom Horizontal screen specs to 30-65 and Vert to 30-60.
5. Uncomment the following two lines in /etc/X11/intel_vbios.conf
6. Edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add a 'Modes "1280x768"' line within Section Screen, Subsection Display, for example,
modeline="3c 1280 768 24" export modeline
Section "Screen" ....... Subsection "Display" Depth 16 Modes "1280x768" ViewPort 0 0
If you face problems with any of this, feel free to ping me and I'll try to help out as much as I can.