New Oracle.com global navigation
By tbonnema on Apr 06, 2010
This is a guest post by Michal Kopec, Senior User Experience Architect her at Oracle Marketing Brand and Creative.
We have just refreshed the Oracle.com global navigation to serve you better with Oracle related information and news.
1. Updated, user-oriented and business information balanced navigational categories. Say hello to the new categories: Downloads, Education and Oracle Technology Network. Oracle Partner Network navigation received a facelift too.
2. Brand new flyout based navigation - mouse over Partners for instance - providing both a high level content overview as well as shortcut links for most popular website destinations
3. Introducing audience based - I'm a... - and - I want to... - task-based navigation. Now you can navigate based on who you are or what is you want to accomplish. Please note this is an initial step - we want to build out those based on your opinions and feedback.
4. Adjusted Oracle Technology Network horizontal navigation to match Oracle.com. Oracle Technology Network users can now benefit from OTN content being accessible from anywhere during their Oracle.com and OTN visits of course :)
5. Last but not least - we applied the same refreshed global navigation to a couple of country sites - starting with Oracle Brazil and Oracle China. More to come.
The project internal code name is Mosaic. It is an effort to provide you with unified user and brand experience during your Oracle websites visit. Every time you hear Mosaic expect great things to happen.
With that - please let us know what you think. We value your opinion.