Tuesday Oct 12, 2010
Tuesday Aug 17, 2010
By Miriam Brace -Oracle on Aug 17, 2010
Oracle Support Services will be at Oracle OpenWorld in full force this year with 10 sessions, a Support Stars Bar, a My Oracle Support Community Meet-up event, and demos of powerful new support tools. Learn best practices for supporting and upgrading Oracle products and hear how others are getting the most of their hardware and software by tapping into all the features and entitlements of Oracle Premier Support. Come network, learn, and collaborate with us. We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco this September at Oracle OpenWorld 2010.
S317562 - Best Practices for Supporting and Upgrading Oracle Solaris (Stream:SERVER AND STORAGE SYSTEMS; Tracks: Oracle Solaris, Sun SPARC Servers) [Learn More]
S317567 - Best Practices for Supporting Sun Server and Storage Systems.(Stream: SERVER AND STORAGE SYSTEMS; Tracks: Sun SPARC servers, Storage) [Learn More]
SunSolve Updates for August 2010
- Users are reminded that SunSolve will transition to MyOracleSupport by the end of 2010. Please take time to register on My Oracle Support(MOS) and review the Help (top right hand corner of the page). To get up to speed quickly on MOS take the speed video training.
- Please be aware; SunSolve content now has new document numbers. By default when you are on SunSolve the application is mapping legacy document ids to the new document ids. Sometimes the document you are looking for is no longer available. Please search using keywords and if that does fail then make use of the Feedback Link to access the support team.
- Did you notice that the search results have changed on SunSolve? The search engine was swapped out at the end of July. The results now target the content that is in SunSolve. If you can not find an article you are looking for, make use of the Feedback Link on the right hand side of SunSolve and lets us know about your issue. Be sure to advise what you are looking for and we will help you find it.
- There are currently delays in the Oracle/Sun booking process which is causing issues for some customers when attempting to access patches. If you experience an access problems please use the Feedback Link to report the issue, be sure to document your Sun Online Account name and the file you are attempting to access.
- SunSolve outages are reported on the help site at http://wikis.sun.com/display/SunSolve/Outage+Notice
My Oracle Support - Tips and Tricks for early users.
- Log into MOS and then take the speed video training to fast track your knowledge about how MOS works.
This blog is focused on assisting Systems and Sun customers get the most out of their My Oracle Support Experience. Topics covered included but are not limited to: getting proactive, staying informed, support video's tips, finding content, finding patches, accessing the My Oracle Support Community, upcoming training events and to enable users to stay informed.
- Part 2 - How to improve your hardware support experience
- Part 1 - Are you undertaking the Essentials to enable great Systems Support?
- Are you receiving the Oracle Systems Support Newsletters ?
- Are you getting the most out of sending Explorer files to Oracle?
- Finding Content in My Oracle Support
- Resolve Oracle Service Requests Faster Using ASR
- Oracle Support Customers take note My Oracle Support Flash is set to Retire
- The Oracle Solaris, Systems, and Storage Newsletter for May is now available.
- Preventing outages before they become an escalation
- What are Information Centers?