SunSolve - Nov Week 1 Update
By MiriamBrace - Oracle on Oct 31, 2010
Hi and welcome to this week’s update.
All existing customers have been notified about the retirement of SunSolve and Member Support Center. Live Webinar Schedule and Agenda are available - Review the Schedule and take time to attend.
To get you ready for My Oracle Support, here are a few tips and tricks.
1. PowerView - A PowerView is a way to filter what content you need to see on My Oracle Support. The cool thing here is you can mouse over the word PowerView to activate the drop down menu. Here is how to limit your view to Sun Products
1. Mouse over the PowerView word, to the down arrow and select Edit.
2. The edit view is displayed, select “Product Line” from the first drop down option.
3. In the text field, start typing Sun, and select Sun Hardware from the suggestion field, add a comma to indicate more products are coming, and type Sun and select Sun Software, select Save and call this PowerView, "Sun Products" and select OK. Now My Oracle Support is filtering for just Sun Products. Play around with PowerView and select the products your interested in. To see the PowerView in action, select the "Knowledge Tab", the PowerView symbol is displayed on the Alerts region and the content is restricted to Sun Hardware and Sun Software.
2. Customize My Oracle Support - to your needs. Take a few minutes to get the home page set up for your use. Select the link Customize and then drag and drop the patch, knowledge regions on to your home page. To alter the height of each region, select the Pencil Icon. Different regions have different height values. Explorer by changing the heights, exit by selecting “Close Customize”.
3. My Oracle Support, Patches and Updates Tab. During November the link on Patch Quick Links for Sun will point all users back to SunSolve. Later when everything is ready for user to migrate to My Oracle Support, SunSovle.sun.com will redirect users to My Oracle Support at this stage all users will be able to make use of the Advance Search by Product or Family on the Patches and Update page to find Sun Products. Some products are a little tricky; Oracle Open Office is still called StarOffice in the Product or Family option. Tip: When searching try the old and the new name.
More help to get users started, there are a number of 5 to 10 minute video’s to show users different areas and features of My Oracle Support, view the first of these on http://support.oracle.com Watch "Learn the basics in 10 minutes".
Visit the Welcome Center for the Official migration information for SunSolve customers migrating to My Oracle Support.
The views expressed on this Miriam’s Blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle.