Sun Migration to My Oracle Support begins December 10, 2010
By Miriam Brace -Oracle on Dec 05, 2010
This is the final blog for SunSolve and is a call to action for all SunSolve users to get ready to migrate to My Oracle Support. You should have all received emails over the last few weeks advising to register on My Oracle Support. The migration activities will start on Friday Dec 10, 2010 and SunSolve will retire.
The transition check list below contains reminders of critical activities you should complete prior to the migration. If you have not already done so, please make sure to complete the items to help you make a successful transition.
- Mark your calendar for December 10, 2010
- Complete My Oracle Support Training and Attend a Live Migration Assistance Webinar
- Create Your Single Sign-On (SSO) and Enable your My Oracle Support Account Profile
- Access the My Oracle Support Welcome Center and FAQ (Includes what is happening with Patching and Service Requests)
- Understand What Will Change After the Migration
- Need to know more about smpatch and Update Manager
Mark Your Calendar for December 10, 2010 : Migration and Deployment Schedule
Beginning December 10, 2010 at approximately 5:00pm Pacific Time, the Member Support Center will retire and no longer be available for online support access. At this time, SunSolve will not accept new user registrations or email Service Requests; however, SunSolve's knowledge and patches functionality will be available to all existing users throughout the migration weekend. Once the migration to My Oracle Support is complete, SunSolve will also retire.
Learn More by going to the communications on the My Oracle Support Welcome Center.
The views expressed on this Miriam’s Blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle.