Do you care about your Oracle System Support experience?
By MiriamBrace - Oracle on Nov 15, 2011
It has been a while since I blogged about Systems Support within Oracle. I want to take this opportunity to raise awareness of how Oracle is communicating out to its systems customers. Previously every item to be communicated was sent independently via an email message however, not all messages appear to be being getting the attention they require.
In an effort to ensure Oracle is reaching all of our Sun and Oracle System customers, we have created the Oracle Systems Support Newsletter. This monthly newsletter will have a summary of customer support relevant information
for you to use and will cover topics that impact your support experience.
1. Did you know that sending explorer content to email addresses with @sun.com is going away soon? For more information, review the Document 1362484.1
2. Are you an Auto Service Request (ASR) user? If yes, here are the latest changes:
· ASR Manager accepts My Oracle Support User Name (email address) and password. [Doc ID 1345484.1]
· ASR IP Address for secure file transfer has changed [Doc ID 1338575.1]
· ASR No Heartbeat Status - Find out how to resolve [Doc ID 1346328.1]
3. Did you notice we have changed the Service Request options for Hardware and introduced a new problem category called “Automated Diagnosis”? This service streamlines the data you send in and then automatically provides an update of known issues found in your My Oracle Support Service Request. This feature also fast tracks hardware failures by sending parts as soon as the data is analyzed. Have you used this new feature? If yes tell us about it – take the 5minute
4. Are you being proactive or are you still ‘fire fighting’ in the reactive mode? If you are being proactive for your Oracle System products you might have used Oracle Sun System Analysis. Did you finding this helpful? Can we improve it? You tell us, take the 5minute survey
5. Are you aware that if you attach files to your Service Request it enables the support engineer to start work straight away? For a summary of products and files review the Newsletter.
6. Are you struggling to find patches or firmware or product downloads? If yes, these types of issues are all addressed in the Newsletter.
If this is the type of information you want to know about each month, then take time to read the Newsletter
link and bookmark it in My Oracle Support so you can stay informed.
Thanks for your time.